Northborough, Massachusetts

Northborough is a town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States. Although the official spelling of the town’s name is Northborough, the shorter spelling of Northboro is also used. First settled in 1672, what had originally been a district became a town in August 1775. The first meeting house was established in 1746, with the legal governor of the town called the Town Minister, the first of which was Reverend John Martyn.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 18.8 square miles, of which 18.5 square miles is land and 0.2 square miles (only 1.17%) is water.

Northborough has many schools, public and private. It is home to four public elementary schools serving grades pre-K–5: Lincoln Street School, Marguerite E. Peaslee School, Fannie E. Proctor School and Marion E. Zeh school. Private schools include The Cornerstone Academy, Alhuda Academy and St. Bernadette’s. In 2002, the Northborough Middle School was renamed after superintendent of schools, Robert E. Melican. All of the public schools in Northborough are part of the Northborough-Southborough School District. The public high school serving Northborough is Algonquin Regional High School, shared with Southborough. Despite debate as to whether Northborough and Southborough should have separate high schools, citizens of both have elected to keep the school regionalized.

What can J. Butler Do For You?